Thursday, December 2, 2010

Assulted and Insulted by Local Developer

Today the Joint Regional Planning Panel gave approval for the master plan for Claydon Park Retirement Complex ( see previous blog).

I look for silver linings and appreciated the recommendation that came from the panel that tied the development of the Residential High Care Facility to the second stage of the development rather than the fourth stage. The removal of the high care facility from the first stage in the original concept had raised suspicion amongst the community that it would never be delivered.

The second stage of the development brings online a large portion of the self care home sites.

The panel had taken the time to check out the location and consider the context of the development and the pressure that would be on the local hospital and existing high care facilities especially when it comes to palliative care.

As I was leaving the meeting the developer David Matthew approached me grabbed my arm and started to aggressively accuse me of not representing the community and for not coming to see him to discuss the plans, he slapped my chest twice with the back of his hand while telling me that I had sensationalised the issues without giving him the chance to address.

In my opinion Mr Matthew was certainly well supported with at least 4 people speaking in favour of his development.

To say that I was not representing my community is a gross insult. I represented the people who didn't agree with Mr Matthew's point of view- and he shouldn't expect that all people will be on his side during the journey.

It must have upset him greatly to have such a reaction from him- maybe he didn't approve of the high care facility being brought forward.

Now we as  a community will await the development applications as they come in for each stage and give our response to Council.

No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...