Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Holidays Over its Back to Work.

I have had a fantastic time during January.

I managed to complete a summer session at University- the John Hatton inspired Politics, Community and the Common Good.

WoW- what a journey with the most amazing lectures I have ever attended. Geoffrey Robertson (QC), John Falzon ( St Vincent de Paul), John Mant, Dick Smith and retired Justice Michael Kirby were the headliners.

Some long serving community activists shared their stories, and a great turn out of non enrolled community particpants rounded the experience with their passion and history.

I intend to share some of the experience through the blog in the coming weeks.

Managed to go camping with the family in a quiet National Park out of mobile range for almost a week.

Celebrated my childrens birthdays.

Installed an experimental wind generator at home- its 1KW and I will share more on that later also.

Council did not return untill January 18th when the commitee meetings recommenced and the first meeting of the calendar year just last Wednesday (27 Jan). Plenty more to report on that front also.

I won't pack away the holiday feeling just yet though- may as well let it linger as long as it can!

No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...