Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Big Tax this; Big Tax that : The Rhetoric is Boring

I am sick of hearing Labour and Liberal hammering each other with their childish slogans on BIG NEW TAX'S and hoping that we are all taking enough notice to not vote for new tax in the upcoming federal election.

Guess what....... I LIKE TAX.......In fact I delviered my annual tax papers to the accountant and told her that I wanted to pay my fair share and not to go looking for any deductions that were a little bit marginal.

I like tax as it delivers to us, free hospital services, free schooling, income support, heavily subsidised public transport, a reasonable road network, foreign aid helping those in need, of course this list could go on and on. In short tax pays for things we need, use or want on a daily basis, without us all paying our share things would certainly be more grim.

Somehow I still manage to be on the sitting state Liberal members mailing list, who today invited me to sign a petition calling on the NSW State government to NOT put up car registration as it would deliver more public transport services to the city. Even though I am a country dwelling girl, I dont have a problem with improving City transport- the city must have more capacity to get people off the roads and less dependent on fossil fuel.

I wont be signing the petition.....maybe I should send her a letter instead.........

No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...