Monday, December 24, 2012

I am not a Microwave-more a crock pot

Its Christmas Eve.....there is a lot of different meanings in those two words culturally and religiously.

Today my aim is to join the religious cult of restfulness.

A few loose ends to tidy up today, I will be the only one in town smiling not frowning as I refuse to be dragged into the tension of Xmas ( I hope there are a few more smiling).

Some tucker to pick up, gas bottle for the BBQ and some book keeping so that Glenn's BAS is done on time.

My brother turns up tonight, I'm looking forward to a cool ale on mum's veranda with him
-I haven't seen him in almost a year I think it was March when Tannar and I caught the train to Brisbane for cousin Jessica's wedding-but you know that could have been last year- time seems to not make sense sometimes, especially when I loose track of it!

Last night Glenn, the girls and I sat on the bench seat at the farm talking about the meaning we put into Xmas and how all year is like it. Special happenings, shopping for needed items, holidays, days when mum decides we should have a feast, when our lives are so spectacularly blessed all of the time you can see why the 'build up' for Xmas can be so intense. Buy Buy Buy catalogues, everyone talking about the shopping list, tension building, family strain, I'm really very glad that our little family has managed to keep that at bay and make our holidays about family and friends.

Last Xmas the girls taught me how to make friendship bracelet's and we sat around in hot moments with our heads down weaving colourful bands for friends, trying new designs and colour combos. I'm sure we will find something equally crafty to do this summer, for when our heads are down and we are hanging out together is when we have some fine conversation.Of course there will be lots of swimming, a bot of time spent on the tractor and lots of time spent with friends.

Oh and we have to work out our 7 minutes of heaven routine which takes around 40 Min's and is a family fitness routine we set ourselves so that we don't become to slovenly, its a bit of a laugh really and there is lots of noise and moans.

It will be so nice to give my head a rest. Its so very tiring behaving like a microwave...issues in..ping..a debate or ping...an opinion.

 I much prefer to be a crock pot- or slow cooker...issue in...mm...might add a pinch of something else......do I like that .....no it needs a little tweaking.......ahhh now that's a much more satisfactory position........time to think of the angles, reaction vs action, cause and effect, contemplation, call it what you will but often times there is little space for this.

So whatever the holiday season brings to you...may it be safe and may you join the cult of restfulness.



No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...