Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Weeks rap up in the local papers.



This weeks campaigning has been set aside to deal with some issues at Shoalhaven City Council.

The Ordinary meeting was so ordinary that Councillors couldn't have been blamed for sleeping on the job - that is until the confidential session.

I think my colleagues would describe me as vigorous but fair debater, I aim not to play the politics of the personal but stick to the main game of policy, however there are some things which just cross the line for me and that is bullying, harassment and intimidation. I also despise caucus that results in binding decisions with no real explanations. 

This is how it unfolded in the press.

Temple buy back voted down... this is where I explain what made me feel so outraged that I reported the meeting to the media.

I was totally shocked that with no explanation a complete reversal of opinion could be arrived at.

This was quickly followed by this

Bullying Claims rock Shoalhaven Council...

and then Fridays edition of the register ran the following.

Explosive Bullying Claims rock Shoalhaven Council...

what is most telling is the contribution by the community via the comment threads

The general manager contributed with this.

General manager defends transformation...

My original press release is as follows...


Democracy or Dictatorship: Council throws out opportunity.

 Council has waived their right to ever get the land back, if the Shaolin are unwilling or unable to do anything with it.

On Tuesday night Council decided to end all contractual ties with the Shaolin Organisation when it voted to not to proceed with an existing buyback deed for a further two years.

After six years on Council Greens Councillor Amanda Findley says it was an absolute low in her Council career.

‘I was absolutely shocked to the core last night when Team Gash Councillors decided to vote against keeping the buyback deed, it would have been the most frustrating meeting I have ever attended and it broke down into complete disarray’

‘ Just two weeks ago each member of Team Gash in attendance at the property steering confidential session with Councils lawyer all agreed that keeping the deed in place for a further two years was the best way forward, they were so convincing in their support’

“ I agreed with this position whole heartedly as it did two things, firstly giving Council the option to buy back at the original contract price and secondly providing a little pressure to the Shaolin to get on with the long awaited job. The risk was that Council had to be prepared to buy the land back for the original sale price’.

‘ I left the meeting two weeks ago feeling reasonably happy- Council had made a good decision and everyone in attendance except CLr Guile had made the decision with conviction’

‘ I was completely horrified as that conviction dissolved last night as Clr Kearney moved to throw the deed out. I was less than constrained ‘

 ‘My questions to Team Gash were simple , Why had they changed their mind so radically,  what information did they receive that I did not to make such a change and when did this happen. No one answered my question and my frustration boiled over’

 ‘I have ignored the not so secret, secret meetings, stayed out of the argument to a great degree, but I cannot do that anymore. Shoalhaven Council is not a democracy but a dictatorship, Team Gash are openly Caucusing in Council offices despite the Code of Conduct frowning on this. Any idea that other non-team Councillors are welcome is completely ludicrous, any shred of respect that I had for The Mayor and her Team has gone. It seems to me that Team Gash also receives privileged information that other Councillors cannot access for decision making. The constant bickering between Gash and Guile is completely unbearable, with Gash constantly telling Guile to grow up; my work place is unpleasant and toxic.’

‘I am not making excuses for my own behaviour,’ telling my colleagues that their actions are fucked isn’t acceptable and I take full responsibility and have apologised for that’.

 



No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...