Monday, May 23, 2011

Husky Tattoo Shop- called in by Council

So lets get things straight. I don't have anything against Tattoos or Tattoo parlours OK. Most of my friends have ink and when Ulladulla had a parlour it wasn't a seedy joint- just a bloke having a go at what he did well. Tattoos are no longer the mark of sailors, whores or tribal folk but a modern day expression of wearable art.

Ancient and tribal art.

Modern day works of art thanks to Angel Wings Tattoo web site.
So with that said- why did I 'call in ' for the determination of Council an application for a Tattoo parlour at Husky? Firstly its my job- community have concerns over the application its my duty to address the concerns and the best way to address them is to have the application scrutinized by the Council. For if the application suits the zoning, crosses all the Ts and Dots the Is then there really shouldn't be a problem.

For the applicant it slows down the process a little as it has to go to development committee and to full Council, but in Tim Fletchers words 'At the end of the day' if the applicant has done all the right things can hold his head high and say his application was put under maximum scrutiny and passed the test.

As for me- well I don't think I will be the first customer at the new parlour if it gets the go ahead- I like my ink free body just the way it is at the moment thanks very much.

No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...