Sunday, May 8, 2011

Me, Myself, I

When I take a break from blogging there is always a reason and the last few months have been a frenzy of activity -from elections, to day to day Council, returning to study after a six month break, family and of course the farm.
The farm and family end up at the bottom of the priority list basically because they are the most self sufficient and supported part of the mix.
 Thank goodness for family my mum for feeding the youngsters and poppy for feeding the cows when its just not going to happen.
The pace of life is a bit hectic but I can feel the slowing -down -for -winter sensation seeping in with the cold nights I hope I'm not kidding myself too much.
Today I'm in Balmain and attending the bi-monthly Greens conference, the first since the State election. The debate is passionate the topics hot but respect is maintained and people are sticking to the rules of not attacking people. I volunteered to facilitate a fairly feisty session with a record number of delegates attending and observers- It was exhilarating keeping up with the hands raised to go on the speakers list while following the conversations and working the meeting forward.
I value these times as they really are a training ground for managing process. I think though that I need to be more across the constitution but that's something that will have to wait a while with the end of the university semester looming.

I cant believe that there is only 4 or so weeks to go and all the major works due- so its time to read read read as I immerse myself in literature and the NT Intervention.

Fun days ahead........

No comments:

Shelter to Close it doors as letter requesting more rentals goes out.

Salt Care - follow link to see their services  I received the sad news that our local homeless shelter needs to close it's doors on Sund...